Dear Dr. Valli,
Since your blog is dealing extensively with the Synod on the Amazon, I would like to convey to you some of my observations about the recent position taken by Cardinal Walter Brandmüller on the Instrumentum laboris. I hope they will be of interest you and your readers. Thank you!
With an act worthy of El Cid Campeador, Cardinal Walter Brandmüller has descended into the arena by throwing a gauntlet to the organizers of the Synod on the Amazon, and indirectly, to Pope Francis: He has accused the Instrumentum laboris of none other than heresy and apostasy .
As in ancient shows in Roman arenas, there is great noise rose in the galleries as all heads turn, with questioning glances, towards the stage where the authorities preside over the celebration: Will they call some champion of the mystical-eco-indigenous alignment to pick up the glove and defend the orthodoxy of their intentions and the anathematized working document? Will they have a big laugh, inviting everyone to continue the party as if nothing had happened? Will they send the Praetorian Guard to take prisoner the bold fighter that upset the program?
No one knows. But one thing is certain: the debate has reached another level.
Regarding the first Preparatory Document and the statements made to the press by this or that prelate or representative of the Pan-Amazon Network (a true Wehrmacht of racial / social agitation operating in the region), some articles of greater or lesser importance have appeared to alert public opinion about the ongoing offensive. A site specializing in monitoring the Synod’s preparatory work (panamazonsynodwatch.info/it/) has even posted articles that seemed most interesting in various fields: inculturation, environmentalism, Indigenous theology, indigenous tribalism, etc. But all this has been an infantry attack, with the help of some mortars.
Now, the well calibrated cannonade by the German Cardinal’s Big Bertha has instead opened not one, but several large breaches in the wall of the next Special Assembly of the Synod of Bishops:
· Synod participants are invited to deal primarily with temporal issues that have only a marginal relationship with the Revelation and the mission of the Church: deforestation, climate impact, mineral extraction, biodiversity, etc. This is nothing but an unacceptable form of “worldliness” and “clericalism”.
· Synod participants are invited to praise fetishist religions and healing rituals and to present the Indians who practice them as a model of relationship with the cosmos and with God, the Father-Mother.
· Synod participants are invited to consider the Amazon forest as a divine manifestation and to sing the hymn of adoration to nature that once thrilled National Socialist youths, inebriating them with the prospect of renouncing their individuality in order to merge in the whole (“pan”-theism…).
· Synod participants are invited to alter the hierarchical structure of the Church and to canonize the abolition of celibacy and the introduction of female priesthood, starting with deaconesses.
· In a word, Synod participants are invited to transform the Mystical Body of Christ into a vulgar eco-communist NGO.
As in the parable of the Gospel of Luke, only in reverse, Cardinal Brandmüller, faithful steward, respectfully presents himself in front of his rich master and accuses him: “You have badly administered the depositum fidei that was entrusted to you. Redde rationem villicationis tuæ” (cf. Lk 16.2).
The cardinal does not present a dubium. He makes two nuclear-powered statements: “The Instrumentum laboris contradicts the binding teaching of the Church in decisive points and therefore must be qualified as a heretical. Given that it even calls into question or misunderstands the fact of Divine Revelation, one must also speak, furthermore, of apostasy.”
Does the Vatican of Pope Francis (or some of his auxiliary forces) have an atomic umbrella that can save the next Synod?
If no paladin should present himself to take up the gauntlet in the coming days, the Special Assembly on the Pan Amazon region will start with a death certificate. The date of death will be June 27, and it will bear the signature of Cardinal Walter Brandmüller.